Omron's K8 monitoring relays are available in versions for both single- and three-phase applications and provide a wide range of solutions for detecting common issues such as under- and overvoltage, phase loss, under- and overcurrent, over temperature, phase sequence errors, and voltage asymmetry conditions. The K8 range includes monitoring relays to suit all commonly used power supply systems around the world with three-phase types covering the 200 V to 480 V voltage range. This feature, together with global standards compliance, makes them an ideal choice for use in export projects.
Typical applications for these versatile monitoring relays include the protection of pumps and other driven equipment against reverse rotation, guarding against motor damage under overload conditions, and the detection of broken drive belts and similar faults that leave motors running unloaded.
Benefits and Features
- Upper and lower voltage or current monitoring for industrial applications
- Single- and three-phase monitoring, sequence, or loss of phase
- Conductive level controllers for fill or overflow monitoring applications
- Universal-input support for thermocouple or platinum resistance thermometer sensor input
- Temperature monitoring in slim design with a width of just 22.5 mm
- Change the output relay between normally open and normally closed operation
- Alarm output status can be retained even if the power supply is turned OFF